What can I say, Yvonne hosts my favorite reading challenges! I’m back for another go at the Cruisin’ thru the Cozies challenge. I read a TON of cozy mysteries, and this is a great crossover with the What An Animal challenge.
This one also runs Jan 1 – Dec 31. Yvonne’s changed it up a bit, and I’m super excited about the new format! It’ll be great to branch out and try new cozies, and I have no doubt I’ll discover at least a few new series to follow.
I’m going for Level 1, Snoop. It’s only 10 books, but it’ll be a challenge! To reach this level I’ll need to read a book from each of these cozy sub-genres:
– One from culinary (anything dealing with food: restaurants, baked goods, etc.)
– One from animal related (cats, dogs, birds, etc.)
– One from craft related (any kind of hobbies – knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, etc.)
– One from paranormal (witches, vampires, etc.)
– One from British cozy mysteries (example: Belinda Lawrence series)
– One career-based cozy mystery (housekeeping, wedding planner, etc.)
– One holiday based (set during any holiday – Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines, etc.)
– One travel mystery (character could be on a cruise, touring another area, etc.)
– One historical mystery (any mystery not set in the present)
– One is your choice! (freebie!)
Several of these will be a piece of cake – animal, culinary, holiday, paranormal – since I already have a couple that I read regularly. Some will be brand new to me, like the British one. Should be fun!
Anyone have recommendations for any of these sub-genres?