I’m back for another go at Yvonne’s Cruisin’ thru the Cozies challenge! I love this challenge, not least of all because it gives me an excuse to read as many cozy mysteries as I can handle. Not that I need an excuse. But it’s a fun way to try new cozies, too! This will be my third or fourth time joining the challenge. You can read more about my past challenge runs for 2016 and 2017 if you’re interested.
The Cruisin’ thru the Cozies challenge runs Jan 1 – Dec 31. There are multiple options and levels. Last year was the first year we had to pick from sub-genres. I really enjoyed it because it gave me a push to step out of my usual cozy box and try some new plot lines. Some I loved, some not so much, but that’s the whole point! This year we can choose whether to stick with the sub-genres or just read any cozies we like.
I’ve decided to go for Level 2, Investigator, and stick with the sub-genre option. It’s a step up from last year, and means 20 cozies: 10 of my choice, and 1 from each of the following sub-genres:
– One from culinary (anything dealing with food: restaurants, baked goods, etc.)
– One from animal related (cats, dogs, birds, etc.)
– One from craft related (any kind of hobbies – knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, etc.)
– One from paranormal (witches, vampires, etc.)
– One from cozy mysteries based outside the US (example: Belinda Lawrence series (British))
– One career-based cozy mystery (housekeeping, wedding planner, etc.)
– One holiday based (set during any holiday – Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines, etc.)
– One travel mystery (character could be on a cruise, touring another area, etc.)
– One historical mystery (any mystery not set in the present)
– One is your choice! (freebie!)
I already know I’ll have no trouble getting the animal, culinary, paranormal, and holiday, and I’m looking forward to picking out the others!
Anyone else joining the Cruisin’ thru the Cozies challenge?