I never ever ever do these kinds of things. Which is not entirely true. I used to do them all the time on Facebook, Myspace, and things like that. Now, I just lurk and take all those quizzes everyone posts but I don’t actually share my answers. However, thanks to a recent Tarte purchase, I’ve rediscovered a passion for pretty stuff (more on that later)….so when Katie over at Plus+Beauty posted this tag, I kinda wanted to play along. Even though I’m not a beauty blogger.
And then I thought….why the hell not? It’ll be fun.
So here goes. This is totally superficial and fun and a great way to spend your Sunday. I should know. *Grin*
1. How many times do you wash your face daily?
Just once, when I shower. I’ve tried to get into the bedtime face routine, but I consider it a win that I take off my makeup most nights. And yes, I use disposable makeup wipes. Curse me, I know. I’m killing the environment. Allow me this one vice, mmkay? (I’ll work on it….maybe.)
2. What skin type do you have?
It’s kind of a mix between sensitive and oily, so let’s just go with combination.
3. What is your current face wash?
Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleanser. It was a splurge last year, but I actually really love it. I really liked the Living Nature stuff I was using, but I can’t bring myself to spend the money on shipping from New Zealand. If I could get it here, I absolutely would.
4. Do you exfoliate?
Sometimes, but not as often as I should.
5. Which brand do you use?
I still have a little bit of the Vasanti exfoliant I got in Birchbox, and I really like that. I also have the Mary Kay Microdermabrasion that’s pretty awesome too.
6. What moisturizer do you use?
At the moment I’m using a Foxbrim moisturizer, since I’ve got to review it for them. Otherwise, I use Purpose.
7. Do you have freckles?
8. Do you use eye cream?
Yeah, most days. I couldn’t tell you what brand – I’ve got a million samples (thanks again, Birchbox!) so I’m set on eye cream for the next decade, I think.
9. Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
So I thought I did, and I spent years trying various acne creams, which only made it worse. Then I gave up, and tried using different skin care regimens. Then last year around this time, my skin exploded. And never got better. I finally made an appointment with a dermatologist, who took one look at me and declared I have rosacea. She sent me home with a couple meds. So I’m trying that, and so far, it seems to be helping.
10. Did you ever had to use Pro-Activ?
No, but I considered it before going to the derm recently.
11. What foundation do you use?
It varies, but I usually come back to a BB cream or tinted moisturizer. Wet and Wild has a great tinted moisturizer that I really like in summer, and I also stick to Loreal’s Magic BB Cream. When I want an actual foundation, it’s Revlon’s Colorstay.
12. What concealer do you use?
MAC Studio Finish. This stuff is amazeballs, and my last pot lasted me almost 2 years. It covers EVERYTHING.
13. Do you know your undertone color?
Yellowish. I tend towards beige, not pink.
14. What do you think of fake eyelashes?
Honestly, they terrify me.
15. Do you know that you’re supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Who doesn’t know that? Better question….who actually throws mascara away that often? I sure as hell don’t.
16. What brand of mascara do you use?
So my good pal Linda bought me the Sephora mascara sampler for Christmas because I’m too cheap to buy decent mascara. (Love you!!) I’m working my way through that. Otherwise my standby is Maybelline’s Mega Plush gel mascara, or I have a 100% Pure mascara that I love.
17. Sephora or Mac?
That is totally not a fair question.
18. Do you have a Mac Pro-card?
No…..what is that? I want one, whatever it is.
19. What makeup tools do you use in make-up application?
I use a brush for everything except concealer, though I’m curious about those blender sponges.
20. Do you use a makeup base or primer for your eyes?
I usually just blend my foundation up there, honestly. I have eyeshadow primer somewhere though….
21. Do you use a makeup primer?
Not really. I’ve used it in the past, and some are better than others, but it’s one of those things I tend to forget about.
22. What is your favorite eyeshadow color?
I use my gold Mary Kay shadow nearly every day.
23. Do you use a pencil or a liquid eyeliner?
Pencil, definitely. Haven’t mastered liquid.
24. How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Never, thank you very much.
25. What do you think of pigment eye shadows?
26. Do you use mineral makeup?
Eyeshadow and blush.
27. What is your favorite lipstick?
So I don’t wear lipstick…..
28. How about lipgloss?
I’ve got a Sephora lip gloss that I adore, and I’m also really impressed with the NYX Butter glosses I bought.
29. What is your favorite blush to use?
This is one area I’m struggling in. I’m using a Be a Bombshell blush mostly, and while it’s ok, I’m not in love. I have a few others, but nothing that’s really doing it for me yet.
30. Do you buy makeup on ebay?
Only if it’s new.
31. Do you like drugstore makeup?
Some of it, yeah. Not all of it.
32. Do you go to CCO (Cosmetic Company Outlets)?
Never heard of it.
33. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
34. Name a makeup crime you hate.
Oh geez. Lip liner. I don’t care if it’s done well or not. I can’t stand it.
35. Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick, blush, etc.) or neutral ones?
Yes!! Though as I’ve gotten older I’ve toned it down quite a bit. I still love my MAC peacock blue shadow though.
36. What celebrity always wears great makeup?
I always really like Katy Perry’s makeup in the Covergirl ads, even though I don’t really like Covergirl….
37. If you could leave the house using just one makeup item, what would you choose?
38. Could you leave the house without any makeup on?
39. In your opinion, what is the best makeup line?
I think several lines do certain things really well. Most of my eyeshadows are Mary Kay. I love Sumita eyeliner. I’ve used several of Loreal’s foundations, and really liked them all. I’m newly in love with Tarte. MAC will always have my heart, if not my wallet.
40. What do you think of make up?
So there you go….40 questions all about makeup. Hope you enjoyed!